Mike Tyson speaks out on ‘medical emergency’ and gives update on Jake Paul fight



Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Boxing Match Arlington Press Conference
Tyson will fight Paul as planned in July (Picture: Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)

Mike Tyson says he is feeling ‘100 percent’ ahead of his boxing match against Jake Paul after his recent medical scare.

The former heavyweight champion required medical attention while on a flight from Miami to Los Angeles on Sunday.

In Touch Weekly reported passengers on board heard an announcement asking for a doctor to make themselves known during the incident one witness described as a ‘medical emergency’.

Tyson’s representatives later confirmed he is ‘doing great’, explaining the 57-year-old became ‘nauseous and dizzy’ due to an ulcer flare up.

With his fight against Paul less than two months away, Tyson says he will still be ready to take on the social media star on 20 July.

‘Now feeling 100 per cent even though I don’t need to be to beat Jake Paul,’ Tyson wrote on X.

Tyson will be 58 by the time fight night comes around this summer when 31 years will separate him and Paul in age.

The man once known as the ‘Baddest Man on the Planet’ hung up his gloves in 2005 having lost three of his four final fights after an incredible career as one of the sport’s most feared men.

While he did return in the ring in 2020 for a bout against fellow ring legend Roy Jones Jr, that fight was fought under exhibition rules.

His meeting with Paul will be fought under professional rules. across eight, two minute rounds.

Paul meanwhile has fought 10 times as a professional fighter, winning nine of those with his sole defeat coming against Tommy Fury last year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.